Thursday 5 December 2002

Who do you trust?

Who do you trust?

Something we are really missing on the Internet is a financial brokerage. I want to log on once and then be able to go anywhere and spend, spend, spend in both small (streaming media) and large (buy book, PC, securities) increments without ever having to worry about providing the next set of credentials. What is more I want to get a running summary of what is happening to my money. The technologies to enable this scenario are already around (web services & public key security mechanisms), but it seems that nobody wants to take up the challenge of being the broker.
Who should it be: ISP, Bank, Retailer. Who would you trust to be your broker?


12:53:32 AM    comment []


So here I am blogging, for those that care. Introducing myself quickly:
I'm  an Enterprise IT Architect in the financial services industry that needs an outlet from that dull life :-) I believe ferociously that the Internet and all it stands for will eventually change most everything we do.
What am I interested in?
  • Music, its production, reproduction and distribution (been active in MP3 since the beginning)
  • My beautiful family
  • Collaborative environments (a la Groove) and communities and how they are going to fix the Net.
  • Paying for the Net
  • Securing the Net
  • Architecture of course
  • Avoiding the overengineering of IT infrastructures

No comments: