Friday 6 June 2008

MRI scans results

The MRI results are in, and they look good!

The tumour has definitely shrunk. After the last scan it appeared on 3 scan slices and now its only appearing on one. I reckon that it looks smaller than when it was diagnosed 10 months ago. Both Chemo Man and Professor Nuero were there to bring me the news this afternoon and they couldn't wait to show me the results. This is the first time in the last 10 months I almost cried with joy.

More good news; they are now happy to let me drive (although still recommend against the motorbike).

There is a down side to all this; given the excellent response to the Chemo and the minimal side effects (apparently) they are recommending 3 additional Chemo cycles to keep pushing down the curve. It took me less than 30 seconds to make the decision to continue (without feeling any pressure from Carol's "you bloody better"). I still have to way up the damage the Chemo is doing to me but that is damage I'll probably never get to see, so the choice is no choice.

I talked about increasing my working week from 30% to something closer to 100% and both Chem and Neuro shook their heads violently in unison, telling me that these results are almost certainly to some extent due to not overdoing it. So sorry work chums I'm under doctors orders to keep it down (however much it might hurt).

Now I'm going to sit down for Pizza and a glass or two of wine with a big smile on my face.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I am so happy. Made me cry too

Lyn xx