Thursday 26 June 2008

Never forget what lurks behind

When I first started this blog I didn't think that I would make an entry everyday, but likewise I didn't think I would go three weeks without saying anything.

When I looked at the date today I was shocked that so much time had gone past, time I don't have to waste. It's funny how easily I have slipped back into the old routine of getting up for work each day, and jumping on planes for meetings here, there and everywhere and forgetting to spend enough time with family and friends. I've even noticed I'm not reading the Cancer news bulletins. Its almost as if my Tumour had never happened.

But that just isn't true; despite the improvement we saw 4 Weeks ago, I'm still taking Chemo to fight the little bleeder and losing a week in every four because of it, I'm still battling the feelings in my left hand side and still making mistakes with my speech. And today I suffered a small seizure after four weeks without any (and don't forget the pills I take to hold them at bay).

I'm convinced you have to fight Cancer mentally and physically if you are going to keep it at bay as long as possible, and that means reminding myself I have it, I must never forget it no matter how much I want to.

I think I understand why my doctors won't let me work at my day job any more than 30%, its because I have another job to do ... fight Cancer

Maybe I'll get back to my blog a bit more often too.

No comments: