Monday 27 August 2012

Reading Difficulties

Sorry about the lack of blog entries
But at least I am still posting entries for the original goal.

Yesterday I was reading a magazine article and I realised that I was having a bit of  trouble reading. But I put this down to a bit of tiredness and the odd journalistic style of  Uncut.

But then this morning I picked up my pad to do my usual monday morning e-mail session and I realised that I was having problems reading my e-mail's. I tried a few e-mails because I could not believe this, but I found the same problem for each e-mail.

I could read the start of the mail but at some word I would stumble and then I would have to spell the word out in my mind and make sure I could understand what it said. Once that started to happen every few words would stump me.

These were not complex words e.g. "spent" "interesting" would cause me to stumble and once I stumbled frustration came on and then the whole thing would go gaga. Often I could get on a run and get through  whole sentences and then an unexpected word would catch me out.

Sometimes I just could not get going at the beginning of a sentence and I would have to take a run at it somehow.

Using a ruler seems to help as reducing the number of words at one time to deal reduces confusing.
By the way I do not know how the post looks because I have trouble reading the post back !!
Writing is OK, reading is awful.

I am quite scared at the moment.

-------

I have decided to try again in the morning (putting it down to a cold and tiredness). If there is no improvement in the morning I guess I will be talking to Professor Neuron for the first non-regular time in five years.



 

No comments: