Monday 27 August 2007

Preparing for Surgery

Back in hospital ready for Biopsy on 29th August. After settling in, I'm dragged off for another MRI Scan to see how things are going (not that I get to find out at this point).

The Surgeon comes for a visit and I'm told by that he will be using real time MRI to help locate the tumour's position during the biopsy, due to its awkward position. He seem's quite excited.

I'm also told for the first time that the tumour is inoperable due to its depth in the brain and its proximity to the Basal Ganglia which is essential for motor management.

The surgeon turns up with a brain under his arm (yesterday's failure?) so that he can show me the rather awkward path through the brain he will have to navigate to get the samples of the tumour. You couldn't get much more inaccessible.

No comments: