Friday 10 August 2007

Enter the Big C


Was moved to a normal ward (feeling fine), and after devouring breakfast I was sent off for an EEG, to check for epilepsy which showed no abnormal activity, and had all the usual blood and urine tests done none of which showed anything abnornal.

I was then shipped off for an MRI Scan of the head, where the culprit for my seizure was identified. "A circular 7mm lesion in the left had parietal region of the brain lying sub-cortical, inital diagnosis: Primary Brain or Metastase Tumour"

The Big C!

This cannot happen now, my daughter gets married next weekend, the house is being renovated, my second grandchild is due soon and work is just getting very busy.

I was also told I was not allowed to drive until a nuerologist cleared me for driving, usually at least Six Months following such a seizure!
I was let home for the weekend to think about all of this (driven by the wife of course)

No comments: