Tuesday 14 August 2007

Primary or Secondary?

11th & 12th August: A couple of Focal Seizures over the weekend sent me into a panic as I thought the whole thing was about to start again. These were things I would learn to live with for a while.

13th & 14th August: Back in hospital where the serious search for other tumours started. This would indicate whether the brain tumour was Primary or was the result of Metastasis from another tumour in the body (Secondary) which might also need treatment.

After CT Scans for Thorax and Abdomen and Ultrasound scans for the Thyroid and testicles it seems I am clean of other tumours indicating that my little friend is a primary tumour of the Brain. I guess one has to be thankful for small mercies.

My Neurosurgeon (it seems strange to have one of those) tells me that I will need a biopsy in order to find out whether or not my tumour is malignant or benign and to confirm whether or not the tumour is primary. Based on this they should be able to suggest appropriate treatment.

So its under the knife for a bit of Brain Surgery....For the first time since the original seizure I'm feeling a bit scared. The operation is set for 29th August.

No comments: