Friday 7 September 2007

Seizure at 150bpm

Since they fine tuned my anti-seizure medication I hadn't had a focal seizure in 10 days, now they are back.

I decided to do some fitness training today because I have let exercise go to the wall in the last month. We have a little fitness room in the cellar with a treadmill, a fitness bike, a rowing machine and fixed and free weights. I thought I'd hit the treadmill today. I normally do aerobic exercise at around 150 heartbeats per minute.

After about 10 minutes getting up the to pace and then a further 10 minutes at the target rate, the now familiar prickling sensation in my right hand arm started. I stopped exercising immediately but, of course, it was too late and I had to wait for the thing to finish.

This depressed me no end as I have done regular aerobic exercise for years not just for fitness, but for the high from the adrenalin. Now it looks like I am to be denied that as well.

No comments: