Sunday 2 March 2008

Cold and Chemo, not a good recipe

With all the excitement of Friday morning, I'd forgotten my cold.

Cooking curries for each other seems to be a popular pastime among ex-pat English and Germans, we had two curry invites this weekend. On Friday we went to our first curry invitation and after a great meal and conversation (thanks Steve), my voice started to disappear until at around midnight, when we left, I could only mouth my goodbyes.

Saturday morning was the start of Chemo 4, and added to the cold I already had it was a miserable day of coughs, sneezes and nausea with only sleep to ease the discomfort. Didn't eat much and was only able to lie on the sofa and watch a couple of movies on Film Four ("Simone" and "One night at McCool's"). Needless to say the second curry invite had to be declined (sorry guys).

Now it's Sunday and I'm feeling better if a little fragile.
I guess I'm being reminded that, no matter how good the good news, I am still sick.

No comments: