Thursday 17 April 2008

Is it Crohn's or is it Crohn's?

Sorry about the gap, had a funny kind of week of ups and downs. Lots of work on which keeps my mind off bad things, but the truth is I been suffering a bit of a chill accompanied by annoying headaches but I think I'm pulling out.

But that hasn't been the main worry this week. Remember just before Christmas Amber was taken into hospital due to a bout of supposed colitis that for a while they thought was Crohn's disease, a chronic episodic (and incurable) form of inflammatory bowel disease.

Well a few weeks ago she started to suffer the same symptoms again, so she has been in hospital for more tests. The doctors decided today it really is Crohn's. We don't really know what that means yet, but she has an appointment next week to talk about therapies.

Sometimes I despair at the medical profession.

No comments: