Friday 23 November 2007

Chemo Man Frustration

Went for a check-up meeting with Chemo man today, and told him all my little woes.

Seizures
Over the past few weeks the character of my seizures have been changing. I used to have more and they would last just a couple of minutes with this kind of electrical pulse starting in my right foot then moving out to my right arm and right side of my face face and then would end with an increase in intensity just before switching off completely like a switch (which I put down to the anti-seizure drugs cutting in).

Now it is now difficult to call them seizures (although I guess they must be) because the electric feeling is milder and steady and just wanders around around the old locations for sometimes 20 minutes and then just kind of fades out.

I asked Chemo man if this might be something to do with the change in medication dose (Timonil), and he said maybe or maybe changes in the brain due to Radiation or Chemo or both (or who knows).

Nausea
I said that the Nausea pills I'd been given didn't work, so he gave me a whole list of other drugs that we might try. I declined them all as at the moment it's quite mild.

Sore Throat
I said I have had a recurring but mild sore throat since the time of my biopsy and asked if that was anything to worry about. He said it could be the Timonil (as its the only thing I've been taking that long).

Numbness
I said I'm getting numbness in my hands and feet at various times of the day and he just noted it down and said nothing.

---------
I already knew that much of the stuff around brain tumours (particularly my kind) is educated guess work, but its still very frustrating to see a highly trained professional seem so powerless. Shouldn't he at least looked at my throat in case it was not the Timonil? Should he have checked blood pressure or something for circulation problems because of the numbness?

What is the point of a check-up, if no action against symptoms, however mild, are investigated.

Oh well, at least I have a bit of a rest from treatment (apart from anti-seizure) until the first Chemo cycle starts on 7th December.

No comments: