Wednesday 14 November 2007

Snow

It's days like today that make me really happy to live on a hillside (not hard in Switzerland). I just got back from my last but one radiation therapy and in the valley (Limmattal, 380m) it was miserable rain with a sleet quality, but as we climbed (on the bus) up towards our home just 200m higher (576m) the rain turned from sleet to real snow putting us in the first real Snow of the Winter and our own little Winter wonderland, better locate the snow shovel.

I missed out a couple of things off my playlist from yesterday:

Within Temptation - Heart of Everything
I could call them a cross between Evanescence (female vocal goth-rock) & Therion (Wagnerian operatics) but that would be unfair as they have been around for 10 years and are apparently Holland's leading musical export. So if you want an alternative to Amy Lee's powerful but limited voice you could do worse.

John Fogerty - Revival
John fogerty was the driving force behind Creedence Clearwater Revival, and after 30 years he seems to have finally come to terms with that. This is Creedence for the 2000's, pure Americana

No comments: