Wednesday 21 November 2007

Lights & Music

Put the Christmas lights up on the balcony today, it took me best part of 3 hours, I hope its worth it.

New addition to the playlist: Amy MacDonald - This is the life
I was suprised to hear something like "Poisin Prince" (a negative dedication to Pete Doherty) on the local (program) radio station - Energy Zürich who normaly stick to the hits. Anyway it got me looking at the website for Singer-Songwriter behind it (http://www.amymacdonald.co.uk/). She reminds me a little of Kirsty MacColl Folk Rolk, and even has a kind of 70's feel about it. The songs feel like they were written by someone much older than her 19 years. Favourite tracks are Run, Poison Prince, A wish for something better and Footballer's Wife a mildly veiled dig at Mrs. Beckham I think.

No comments: